Youth Center Legebitra provides a more secure and inclusive environment in which young people with non-normative gender identities and orientations will be able to engage in diverse activities, thus empowering them for adult life and society.
At the Youth center Legebitra young people can receive an entire range of support in one place:
- the Youth center program: leisure activities, social events, training workshops, clubs, camps, info point, coffee evenings …
- other activities for youth: writing for the Narobe blog, organizing Living Libraries, volunteering at Filovaje, participating in field activities…
- a volunteering program, in which young people can engage in voluntary activities in an organized and structured manner (they currently have more than 50 registered and trained volunteers);
- counseling and self-help program: a social worker and a psychologist are available for addressing many of the issues, problems and challenges youth faces at home, at school and in society; there is also a self-help group Artish youth creative workshop that offers a safe space for addressing these issues;
- health program that offers young people the opportunity of counseling about safe and responsible sex, including free and anonymous testing for various sexually transmitted infections and a link to the health system.